2.9
Coverage Area

Lie to about phone service. Was told ok to move my # with new service..

They gave me a new number Now they say they can't FIRST DAY THEY SUCK !!!!!!!!!! MUST STAY WITH OLD SERVICE & PAY FOR ANOTHER MONTH. WILL CANCEL SERVICE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Verizon SUCK ALSO.They suck a little less.

They have bill creep. I have been out of contract for years every month it went up 2 to 5 dollars. I started out with comcast years ago, They really suck. I must learn to cut the cable lol.

Why so long a paragraph? I can say they both suck in way less that a hundred words.

Review about: Optimum Phone Plan.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

New York, New York, United States #1317363

Optimum is terrible. I set up an install on March 29th when I was going to move to an apartment in Brooklyn.

The move ended up not happening and I cancelled on April 2. I was told by that rep that it was put in as cancelled and to expect a refund in 7-10 days. On April 11th I called back to see the status of the refund and the rep very snippily replied "it takes 7-10 business days mam," So I call back today April 18th because at this point it has been MORE than 7-10 business days since my initial cancelation on April 2nd. The rep tells me that she sees I called and cancelled on the 11th.

I tell her that is incorrect, I cancelled on the 2nd but called back on the 11th to find out where my refund was. She got huffy with me and tells me "miss, since you are talking over me, I am going to transfer you to billing" She then immediately puts me on hold until I was put on with a billing rep.

The Billing Rep by the name of Theresa was the BEST customer service rep I had an encounter with at Optimum. She not only did PROPER customer service research but also discovered that in my initial cancellation call on the 2nd, IT WAS NEVER PUT IN TO BE CANCELED!!

This made me realize that the rep I spoke to on the 11th and the rep who I spoke to right before Theresa BOTH were inept, and lacked ANY customer service skills as they did not care to properly see that the cancellation had not been done in the first place. Furthermore the lady I spoke to before Theresa either lied about seeing that I cancelled on the 11th or does not know how to read her computer screen properly to see that it was not the case.

Optimum you need to train your customer service reps better. They need to be taught to properly read their screens, and have patience to properly investigate a customers complaints and claims.

Theresa is the only one who cared and did her due diligence in discovering what the problem was and seeing that the other customer service reps DID NOT do what they were supposed to have done. Theresa needs to train the rest of the customer service staff in my opinion.

She is TERRIFIC. I still have to wait to see if I get my refund now (I have to wait ANOTHER 7-10 business days from today April 18th) but Theresa has made me feel better that this problem will once and for all be resolved.